On February 7, 2019 9:54:11 AM HST, Therese Patterson <tp.spamfil...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>Anyone else have this problem?
>
>The ics outlook calendar files are not updating properly when opening
>up in
>K9.
>From apple to android, the original calendar event works fine but when
>the
>organizer updates the time, the file isn't being properly read when
>opened
>in K9, and therefore, not updating properly.
>When I open the same file in outlook it works properly so that's why I
>assume it's k9.
>
>--

ICS is a calendar item, not an email, so I don't understand how it's connected
with K-9.

But my first thought (as someone who uses Outlook all day at the office): when
something from Outlook doesn't work right  outside of Outlook, Microsoft is
intentionally doing something in the item to keep it from working. Usually by
using some non-standard Microsoft-only 'extension' that just 'happens' to break
functionality for apps that conform to the standard.

David W. Jones
gnomeno...@gmail.com
wandering the landscape of god
http://dancingtreefrog.com

Sent from my Android device with F/LOSS K-9 Mail.