Thanks Mathguy, I took a look and it's not optimized already.  I've been
having problems with a few other apps, and that did fix one of them that
was set to Optimized.  I think I might do a factory reset and see if it
fixes my problems. I'm bummed that K-9 Mail and Gentle Alarm aren't working
for me in Pie so hopefully that fixes it.