On September 24, 2019 9:38:28 AM HST, "Gunter Königsmann"
<gunter.koenigsm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>I dislike bugs that aren't reliable because there is always a chance
>that none of the devs will ever see them on their phone or if they do
>there is a chance that the crash will only happen if there is no
>debugger.
>
>On 24 September 2019 18:05:28 CEST, Win Bent <whbjr0rigi...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>>I have the same system (Galaxy Tab A, recently updated to Android 9)
>>with the same problem. Specific messages with HTML content cause a
>>crash, even if I don't select "show pictures."
>>
>>The annoying part is, it's not consistent. Sometimes it crashes to the
>>K-9 list of mail servers/accounts, and sometimes it crashes to the
>>Android "desktop." For one message in particular, I was able to fully
>>load it and show pictures... once. Since then, it always causes K-9 to
>>crash, immediately upon opening the message. Another message crashed
>>three times, but did not crash the next time I opened it.
>>
>>--
>>To view this discussion on the web visit
>>https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/k-9-mail/4b672906-11f5-4906-a76a-d4f10fa68f11%40googlegroups.com.
>
>--
>Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android-Gerät mit K-9 Mail gesendet.
>
>--
>https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/k-9-mail/11F7264D-4546-4C8D-805C-DC551A064070%40gmail.com.

Also possible that the bug isn't entirely in K-9. Could also be dependent on
whatever system library K-9 uses for rendering HTML mail (assuming K-9 does
that).

--
David W. Jones
gnomeno...@gmail.com

Sent from my Android device with F/LOSS K-9 Mail.