Our ISP has warned all its customers that email clients which do not pass
the latest security standards will not be able to fetch and send emails via
the ISP!

Our ISP, Sky, has sent us the following email warning:

In the coming weeks, we're phasing out support for some email clients to
make sure everyone is accessing their emails using a client that supports
modern security standards.

You can find a little more information here:
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/problems-accessing-sky-mail-from-your-email-app

So I have just posted a request in the K-9 Developers group, asking them to
update K-9 so that it can still be used.  Creating this brilliant app
involved an enormous amount of work: it only needs a little more to keep it
going.

Hoping for a positive response from someone here.

Many thanks to anyone who will pick up this job.

Iolo and Peibyn.