I have exactly the same bug here and reported this here already some time ago.

But there was no answer to this.

It even gets more funny, if you want to paste an email from the trash back to
the incoming folder.

After having synced the trash folder you have to pick the right email to paste
it back.

If you accidently picked the duplicate, you will get an error message saying
the mail is not synced,  although it is.

This is definitly a bug, because the duplicate doesn't exist on the server,
only in K-9's trash folder.

This is my second attempt in this.

Anybody an idea?