From: "Kathryn Martinez" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Kathy M. MARTINEZ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Mon, 6 May 2002 13:09:59 -0400
Subject: Kentucky unit; Andrew Johnson, Tt, Movies, Dinosaurs, Swiss Family, Home Ec,
and

Kentucky – A State Unit Study
http://www.easyfunschool.com/article2250.html
by HOST egroup
This mini unit on KENTUCKY uses the cross curricular approach to education.
There are several activities from different academic subjects for you to
choose from. One of the most important things is to have fun!

Andrew Johnson: A Presidential Unit
http://www.easyfunschool.com/article2249.html
Andrew Johnson was the 17th president of the United States. He was born
29 December 1808 in Raleigh, North Carolina. He became president upon
Abraham Lincoln’s assassination and finished serving out the time remaining
in Lincoln’s second term.

Introducing the Letter Tt
http://www.easyfunschool.com/article2256.html
Here are lots of good ideas from all over the place for introducing the
letter T. Most of these activities use the across-the-curriculum approach. These
ideas are not just for preschoolers, but can be used remedially for any
level, and for teaching students whose first language is not English.

Getting More Out Of Movies
http://www.easyfunschool.com/article2259.html
by Kathryn Stout
For teenagers trying to avoid reading fiction, movies can be used to help
teach the elements of literature as well as comprehension, reasoning and
composition skills required in high school English. However, all students
can benefit from learning how a filmmaker uses visual effects and sounds to
accomplish in moments what may require several paragraphs or even pages
of prose. This makes movies a useful supplement to any English program.

Jehovah's Giants: A Dinosaur Unit Study -- Lesson 8
http://www.easyfunschool.com/article2251.html
by Cheryl Lazarus
Here is lesson eight in Cheryl Lazarus' wonderful unit study on dinosaurs.

Jehovah's Giants: A Dinosaur Unit Study -- Lesson Nine
http://www.easyfunschool.com/article2254.html
by Cheryl Lazarus
Here is lesson nine Cheryl Lazarus' wonderful unit study on dinosaurs.

Jahovah's Giants: A Dinosaur Unit Study -- Lesson 10
http://www.easyfunschool.com/article2257.html
by Cheryl Lazarus
Here is lesson ten in Cheryl Lazarus' wonderful unit study on dinosaurs.

Swiss Family Robinson Unit Study – Chapter Nine
http://www.easyfunschool.com/article2252.html
Chapter Nine entitled We Form a New Colony, continues the unit study of
the Swiss Family Robinson by Johann Wyss

Swiss Family Robinson Unit Study – Chapter Ten
http://www.easyfunschool.com/article2253.html
Chapter Ten entitled Preparing for Winter, continues the unit study of the
Swiss Family Robinson by Johann Wyss

Swiss Family Robinson Unit Study – Chapter Eleven
http://www.easyfunschool.com/article2258.html
Chapter Eleven entitled An Unwelcome Visitor, continues the unit study of
the Swiss Family Robinson by Johann Wyss

Home Ec Projects: Make Your Own Curtains
http://www.easyfunschool.com/article2039.html
Here's a nice, easy entry level sewing project. This would be a great
project to allow them to decorate their own bedroom.

Home Ec Projects: Homemade Dressing Mixes
http://www.easyfunschool.com/article2037.html
Here's another great home economics project where the student creates
homemade salad dressing mixes as frugal pantry items.

Celebrating Mother's Day:  Thank You Place Mats
http://www.easyfunschool.com/article2255.html
Here is a wonderful keepsake for the children to make. Its even
personalized
and is really cute!

Kathy in FL      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
My Web Site:  http://www.easyfunschool.com
Free Education Newsletter:  http://www.easyfunschool.com/msubscribe.html
Ancient Rome Unit Study:  http://www.easyfunschool.com/page1055.html

One hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was,
how big my house was, or what kind of car I drove. But the world may be a
little better, because I was important in the life of a child."
-Forest Witcraft