From: "Gisele Glosser" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 20:58:29 -0400
Subject: Math Goodies Newsletter: No. 4-15 (Aug 1, 2002)

We don't want your money.  We'll settle for 10 seconds of
your time.  Come to www.fool.com and we'll show you how to
take control of your finances, lower your debt, and plan
for a retirement the Foolish way.
http://click.topica.com/caaarFDaVxi57aVEinaa/MotleyFool

=====================
Sponsor's Spotlight
=====================

"The best lessons and activities, delivered free!"
http://208.132.93.126/ads/topaug1.asp

Teaching is a full time job and TeacherVision.com will send you ideas
and materials to lighten your load!  Twice a month you will get our
famous, "Great Stuff For Teachers" email that details new and useful
lessons and activities. Click on the link above to sign up today!

=================
News and Events
=================

<-- National Expert Panel Opportunity for Technology-Using Teachers -->

The AECT Project, funded in part by a PT3 catalyst grant, is convening
"Expert Panels" to determine what teachers in 46 teaching roles should
know about and be able to do with technology.  The project builds on the
work of other organizations, such as the ISTE "National Educational
Technology Standards for Teachers" by identifying what teachers in
specific roles should know about and be able to do with technology. Our
project is based on the premise that technologies can support teachers
of different subjects and levels in different ways.  Competent physics
teachers require a different technology skill set than P-3 teachers who
require different skills than those who teach middle school art.  The
identification of these competency sets relies on the work of "Expert
Panels" composed of teachers in that role and the teacher educators who
prepare teachers for that role.  At the moment, we have enlisted over
450 expert panel members of the best technology-using teachers across
the country.  There are still openings on many of the panels.  We'd like
your help in recruiting outstanding technology-using teachers to serve
on these panels, and we'd like you to consider serving as well.
http://aect.org/pt3

Get The Math Goodies CD-ROM for only $29!

Need summer time learning resources or remediation for your child?
Our CD-ROM is now only $29 USD (plus $5 s&h) for an Individual/Family
License!  (NOT for use in a school setting.)  Pay securely online at:
http://www.mathgoodies.com/cdrom/

Or send a check for $34 USD to: Mrs. Glosser's Math Goodies, Inc.,
313 Briarcliff Drive South, Ossining, New York 10562 USA

============
What's New
============

Math Goodies will be partnering with other educational sites to bring
you more teaching tools, worksheets, and software.  Look for changes
to our NavBars (the links on the left and right of most pages) and to
our index pages over the next few months...
http://www.mathgoodies.com/

Help us build our list of subscribers.  Just click the "Recommend This
Page" link at the bottom of our newsletter page which can be found at:
http://www.mathgoodies.com/newsletter/

===============
Did You Know?
===============

Did you know that our self-paced interactive lessons are ideal for all
types of learners?  Students with special needs, average students,
gifted and talented, and even adult learners can all benefit from our
lessons because of their unique design.  And for each set of lessons,
we have a corresponding set of worksheets and puzzles, too!
http://www.mathgoodies.com/lessons/

=========================
Teaching Tips and Ideas
=========================

--> Front-Loading, by Gisele Glosser <--

Most teachers start the school year with review.  However, this is when
students are most motivated to learn.  Why not introduce a new topic
they've never seen before?  This technique, known as Front-Loading,
shows students that you intend to challenge them, and sets the tone for
the year.  I front-load by teaching Integers in September.  You can add
to the fun with our unique Integer Football game (available on CD only)!
http://www.mathgoodies.com/cdrom/

=====================
Sponsor's Spotlight
=====================

Place your ad here for only $100!  You'll be able to track the number of
clicks on your link for 30 days!  Your ad will consist of a Site Title,
URL, and a 288-character description of your site, product, or service.
http://www.mathgoodies.com/newsletter/sponsorships.shtm

See our Media Kit for great advertising opportunities on our site!
http://www.mathgoodies.com/advertise/

============
Disclaimer
============

You may have noticed the additional ads in this issue from Topica, our
free list-hosting service.  These ads are included by requirement of
the hosting service and we do not endorse any of the products or services
advertised by them.  We have tried to exclude objectionable categories
of ads, however, we cannot guarantee that Topica will not display such ads.

*** PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE! ***

Subscribe:       mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Copyright 1999-2002, Mrs. Glosser's Math Goodies, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.

You may pass this newsletter onto others if sent in its entirety.

GET A FREE TRIAL ISSUE OF RED HERRING MAGAZINE
Find out how new technologies and innovative companies are
shaping the future of business & finance. Please click here:
http://click.topica.com/caaaq1oaVxi57aVEinaf/RedHerring