From: teacher_stuff2001 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 5:41 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: TeacherStuff Newsletter TeacherStuff - August 13, 2002

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/ySSFAA/o1XolB/TM

TeacherStuff – August 13, 2002

Need Help with a Unit?
This newsletter will go back to two or three times a week beginning
September 1st. The membership is way down in the summer because most
teachers do not have a summer email address.   If there are topics
you want resources for please send them to me now so I can start
searching for resources and put them in the newsletter.
Please send requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Want pen pals for your classroom or home schooled child.  Next week
the newsletter will include a pen pal section for all those that have
sent in request.  Be sure to include what grade and how many students
if it is a classroom.

==========================

Resources for Teachers on the Net

The Ecookbook Library – Great for Teachers
E Cookbook Library has over 60 cookbooks to download.  It also has
some other books like Harry Potter, Shakespeare, The cost of E
Cookbooks is $14.95 for a lifetime membership. You can download one
book or all 60+ books listed in the recipe section.  There are books
other than cookbooks that can be downloaded as well.  I noticed three
of the Harry Potter books, Lord of the Rings, Red Badge of Courage,
Treasure Island, Five Classics by Poe, and others were listed.  Most
books are in PDF (Adobe Reader) format. The URL is
http://hop.clickbank.net/?siggy/vjjepub

======================

TeachNow,,,1000s of Free Worksheets for Teachers and More
http://www.qksrv.net/click-46518-5048066

==========================

Great for Teachers – Listen while you are grading papers
Get Best Seller Audiobooks for Download at Audible.com. Choose any
audiobook for only $1.95 and download it instantly to your computer.
I love this because I can download the book and burn a CD of the
book  from my computer. Don't have to wait for the audiobook to come
in the mail. Lists 6 books that can be downloaded free. Has books in
many different categories from best selling books to educational. I
like being able to download magazines and daily newspapers to listen
to as I drive to work.  Best of all is when you join for a year you
get a free mp3 player.  It is the cutest little player you have every
seen (about 3 inches by 3 inches by 1/2 inch. Holds about 20 hours of
audible books.  Has an adapter to plug into your cassette player or
you can put earphones on and listen to it.  Perfect for a teacher.
http://www.qksrv.net/click-997125-3216886

=========================

Thought for the Day
Faith is the wind that blows the sail of our shop toward the desired
destination.

==============================

Bulletin Board Ideas for Teachers
Month by Month Bulletin Board Ideas
http://www.theteacherscorner.net/bulletinboards/monthly/index.htm

Back to School Bulletin Board Ideas – Kinderart
 http://kinderart.com/bulletin/

Bulletin Board Ideas for Teachers
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Atrium/9150/teacher2.html

Teacher Lesson Plan Resources – All Subjects
Teacher's Corner – Lesson Plans and other Teacher Resources
http://www.theteacherscorner.net/

LessonPlans Page - Over 1,500 FREE Lesson Plans
http://www.lessonplanspage.com/

Critical Thinking Lesson Plans
http://www.criticalthinking.org/K12/k12class/trc.html

Core Knowledge Lesson Plans
http://www.coreknowledge.org/CKproto2/resrcs/index.htm

Collaborative Lesson Archive
http://zubov.atmos.uiuc.edu/CLA/

Encarta Lesson Plans - detailed lesson plans in all subject areas
http://encarta.msn.com/schoolhouse/default.asp

K-12 Lesson Plans
http://teams.lacoe.edu/documentation/places/lessons.html

Baltimore Curriculum Project Lesson Plans – Lesson Plans Grade
Level/Subject
http://www.cstone.net/~bcp/BCPIntro2.htm

EdHelper Lesson Plans
http://www.edhelper.com/

K-8 Interactive Educational Portal (K-8)
http://www.toonuniversity.com/default.asp?f=t

NY Times Daily Lesson Plan
http://www.nytimes.com/learning/teachers/lessons/index.html

McGraw Hill Teaching resources (Grades 3-8)
http://www.mmhschool.com/teach/math/mhmath/index.html

Curriculum Archive -repository for lessons & classroom projects.
http://www.buildingrainbows.com/CA/home.html

Internet School Library Media Center – Math
http://falcon.jmu.edu/~ramseyil/math.htm

=====================

3 months of FREE Satellite TV with NO BILLS! Free installation of up
to 4 receivers in 4 rooms from Dish Network. No Equipment to buy! (be
in control of the remote.  Dish Network has a great system to block
out the unwanted channels from your children and others in the
house.) Great way to record educational programs on VHS tape.
http://www.qksrv.net/click-509203-7285204

======================

Recipe of the Day from Nancy's Kitchen
http://www.nancyskitchen.com

CREAM  CHEESE  FROZEN  SALAD

1 1/2 c. homemade fruit salad dressing
2 c. grated pineapple or other mixed fruit
2 (3 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese
1 pt. cream, whipped
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 c. chopped cherries
Pinch of salt
1 c. nut meats

Mix cream cheese, salad dressing and juice.  Add fruit and nuts.
Fold in whipped cream, freeze.  Cut in squares and serve on lettuce.
(Miracle whip may be substituted for cream and the quantity may be
decreased.)

=====================

Links for Every Day Stuff

Daily Horoscope
http://www.aaronshoroscopes.com

Virus List - Updated almost daily
http://www.viruslist.com/eng/default.asp

Cool Word of the Day
http://www.edu.yorku.ca/wotd/

Word of the Day from Dictionary.com
http://www.dictionary.com/wordoftheday/

Word of the Day from Wordsmith
http://www.wordsmith.org/words/today.html

Word of the Day from Merriam-Webster
http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/mwwod.pl

Daily Wisdom Online
http://www.gospelcom.net/gci/dw/

Crossword of the Day - AOL
http://my.aol.com/entertainment/crossword/crossword.psp

Daily Cryptogram
http://www.public.usit.net/jparsly/

Consumer Online - Online Consumer Advice
http://www.consumerline.org/

Math Net's Daily Puzzle
http://www.mathsnet.net/dailypuzzle.html

Washington Post Daily Crossword Puzzles
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/style/crosswords/

Daily Moon Phases
http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/MoonPhase.html

Philadelphia Interactive Online Crosswords
http://www.phillynews.com/crossword/

Have a great week.
Nancy