From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: EduHound Weekly for September 12, 2002
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 01:03:40 -0700

Have you told a friend or colleague about EduHound?
http://www.eduhound.com

WELCOME to the 105th Issue of
EduHound Weekly!

1.      From the Desk of Judi
2.      EduHound Spotlight Site of the Week!
3.      EduHound Spotlight School/District of the Week!
4.      EduHound Spotlight Classroom of the Week!
5.      Educational Conference Planning
6.      Ask Judi!

*Plus Site Updates!

**************************************

EduHound Weekly Archives at:
http://www.eduhound.com/eduhoundweeklyarchives.cfm

**************************************

1. From the Desk of Judi!

This week's topic is:

CITATION & PLAGIARISM

With the amount of easily obtainable material on the Internet, the
ever-present opportunity and tempation exists for plagiarism. Teaching proper
research techniques and citation is crucial to prevention, as well as learning
how to detect plagiarism should there be a need.

Some sites to help in this effort:

Plagiarism & the Web
http://www.wiu.edu/users/mfbhl/wiu/plagiarism.htm

Cheating 101: Detecting Plagiarized Papers
http://www.coastal.edu/library/plagiarz.htm

APA (American Psychological Association) citation
http://www.apastyle.org/elecref.html

MLA (Modern Language Association) style: paper & electronic
http://www.nhmccd.edu/contracts/lrc/kc/mlastyle.htm

easybib.com
http://www.easybib.com

Note: Instead of copying and pasting these links into your browser,
simply go
to www.eduhound.com/mainpage.cfm and select our "Language Arts"
category.

Good Luck!

Judi

2. EduHound Spotlight Site of the Week!

In honor of Citation & Plagiarism, this week's featured site is:

Play It Safe In Cyberspace
http://www.playitcybersafe.com

The goal of this Web site is to empower children, parents and teachers
to prevent cyber crime through knowledge of the law, their rights and and
how to avoid misuse of the Internet.

Take Note!

**You can now see our past "Sites of the Week" live on EduHound at:
http://www.eduhound.com/weeklyspotlight.cfm

3. EduHound Spotlight School/District of the Week!

Prairie Trace Elementary School
Carmel, Indiana

http://www.ccs.k12.in.us/pte/pteindex.htm

See for Yourself & Submit your School/District Today!

**You can now see our past "Schools/Districts of the Week" live on
EduHound Schools on the Web at:
http://www.eduhoundschoolsontheweb.com/schoolspotlight.cfm

4.  EduHound Spotlight Classroom of the Week!

Mrs. Lee's 2nd Grade Class @ Pactolus Elementary
Greenville, North Carolina

http://www.mrsleesplace.com

See for Yourself & Submit your Classroom Today!

**You can now see our past "Sites of the Week" live on EduHound
Classrooms on the Web at:
http://www.eduhoundclassroomsontheweb.com/classroomspotlight.cfm

5. Educational Conference Planning

NSBA's Technology + Learning Conference 2002
November 15-17, 2002
Dallas, Texas
http://www.nsba.org/T+L

Other upcoming conferences:

2002 ASCD Conference on Teaching & Learning Standards
October 11-13, 2002 - New Orleans, Louisiana
http://www.ascd.org/trainingopportunities.html

88th ASBO Annual Meeting and Exhibits 2002
October 25-29, 2002 - Phoenix, Arizona
http://www.asbointl.org/

--For a complete listing of all educational conferences, check out
T.H.E.
Journal's Calendar at http://www.theconferencecalendar.com

6. Ask Judi!

This week's question comes from Carol:

"I wondered if you or anyone out there knew the song for learning the 50

states. I know when I was a 4th grader we learned one, but since that
was MANY years ago it has slipped my memory."

Here you go, Carol! I've also included a site that lists the songs of
each state as well.

Fifty Nifty United States: Lyrics & Music
http://www.niehs.nih.gov/kids/lyrics/fiftynifty.htm

Official State Songs Listing
http://www.50states.com/songs/stsongs.htm

Happy Singing!

Each week, I'll use this area to answer your questions, post
announcements, and
provide interesting input! So please email me at
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
and watch for your answer here!

EduHound Site Updates!

www.eduhound.com/hotlist

Create Your Own FREE Educational Web Pages, HotLists and Worksheets!

Educators everywhere are already using the HotList! They're making their
own personal web pages, webquests, assessments and worksheets. We've also
provided a direct address for each of your ad free HotLists so you can link it
your already existing district, school or personal education pages.

See for yourself how fast, easy and impressive your own educational web
page can be!

We have archived ALL the past issues of Eduhound Weekly!
They can be found on our revised "Archives" page at:
http://www.eduhound.com/eduhoundweeklyarchives.cfm

So if you missed an issue, misplaced an issue, recently subscribed,
receive the text version and want to see EduHound Weekly in its colorful HTML
format...now you can! Enjoy!

http://www.awesomeclipartforkids.com

Awesome Clipart for Kids has Kid, Teacher & Family-Friendly FREE
clipart,
coloring pages, backgrounds, banners, fonts, icons, lines, skins,
worksheets
and wallpaper with aliens, animals, cats, creatures, dogs, education,
holidays,
robots, sports, toys, weather & more! Created & maintained by
14-year-old Tom
Brown.

That's all for this week!
"Remember...the Web is a terrible thing to waste!"

If you have any other questions, please send an email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]