From: Family Education
[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2002 4:00 PM

Weekend Fun for Little Kids offers great activities to keep you and your
kids busy -- just in time for the weekend! Got an activity that your
kids love? Tell us, and we'll share it here.

mailto:mdavidson@;fen.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Special Offers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Make reading seem like less of a chore and more of a joy! 25 Fun Ways to
Encourage Reading is a collection of engaging activities you can use to
motivate your elementary-school child to read. Download your FREE copy
at
SchwabLearning.org now!
http://send.familyeducation.com/UM/T.asp?A2.105.5125.1.2889530

~~~~~~
Want to get away? Enter the Family Education Network Celebrate Success
Sweepstakes</A> to WIN a family vacation! The Grand Prize: 5 roundtrip
airline
tickets & 4 nights' hotel accommodation!  Sponsored by Puffs and
Chiquita.
http://www.fen.com/sweeps?wtlAC=wfl1010,email-t

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Feature
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* Clothesline Art Show
Try this arts activity with your kids and their friends. Host a
neighborhood art show -- on your clothesline!
http://news.fen.com/article/0,1120,67-5285,00.html?wtlAC=wfl1010,email-t

More resources:
http://news.fen.com/topic/front/0,1156,64-6970,00.html?wtlAC=wfl1010,ema
il-t

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quizzes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Art and Artists
How old was Pablo Picasso when he had his first exhibition?
___ 45
___ 21
___ 13

http://news.fen.com/quiz/0,1399,64-5200.html?wtlAC=wfl1010,email-t

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Art Outings
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* Kids and Culture
http://news.fen.com/article/0,1120,64-1373,00.html?wtlAC=wfl1010,email-t

* Generic Art Game
http://news.fen.com/article/0,1120,64-314,00.html?wtlAC=wfl1010,email-t

* Virtual Field Trips
http://news.fen.com/article/0,1120,64-2782,00.html?wtlAC=wfl1010,email-t

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Artistic Endeavors
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* Straw Paintings
http://news.fen.com/article/0,1120,64-22649,00.html?wtlAC=wfl1010,email-

* Color Play
http://news.fen.com/whatworks/item/front/0,2551,1-12950-3152-2,00.html?w
tlAC=wfl1010,email-t

* Crayon Resist Art
http://news.fen.com/whatworks/item/front/0,2551,1-12950-3154-3,00.html?w
tlAC=wfl1010,email-t

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reader Activity of the Week
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Try painting with water. What you need:
1. Real paint brushes
2. Little pails with handles
3. Water
Just fill the pails with water and let them paint anything in sight. Our
kids like to paint our house and swing set.  They have a blast!
-- URAgem

Got an activity that your kids love? Tell us, and we'll share it here.
mailto:mdavidson@;fen.com

You're subscribed as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Your member ID# is 2889530

CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO:
* Subscribe to this newsletter
http://familyeducation.com/email/newsletter/referral.html?nid=105

* Send your comments or suggestions about this newsletter
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

FamilyEducation.com -- helping parents help their
kids succeed in life! Visit us at:
http://familyeducation.com