Oleg:

> > Quick bug report. Am testing the VNC tunneling
> > capabilities from a Windows98 machine to a
> > WindowsNT machine, and Kaboodle is not working
> > correctly on the Win98 machine.It's not letting me startup
> > a VNC viewer session to the VNC server
>
> Fixed.

        Cool. Can you send a patch file? I've had a few
emails from Win98 users asking me about this.

> >> We found 6 places from where CNIDPC::GetPCPriority
> >> is called. And, what it interesting, this function has a primitive
> >> body: { return this->m_dwPCPriority; }  (it just returns a
> >> member value) so the only reason of crash can be invalid
> >>  "this" pointer. Actually, the address you gave (0xC0000005)
> >> is rather high and most likely is garbage.
> >
> >Right, "this" has a null value when the program
> >crashes, according to the debugger. So I bet you're right
> >with the initialization comment.
>
> "this" hardly ever has a null value. I guess it rather has a
> 0xC0000000 value, but it does not matter anyhow.
> After a more close consideration, this problem seemed to be
> a binary version incompatibility problem...

        That's what I thought was happening too. Alas, when
I compile what you have, and start it up on two NT4 workstations
on my LAN, starting up the second one kills both of them. I
can setup my LAN here this PM (your AM) so you can VNC in and
see it crash. To my recollection...the "this" value, according
to the debugger, was null.
        Otherwise, version detection is a great idea. :)

-Scott