Okay, I'm stumped why a shortcut I'm trying to make
work isn't working. Wide open for any suggestions.

        The Kaboodle binary at the website is version 0.75.
The binary you can install via ftp.echogent.com/EchoFree is
essentially 0.72. The 0.72's VPN features work. The same code
is used by 0.75's VPN, so it should work as well. The biggest
difference (besides the VNC wrapper functionality) is really
just the name: 0.72 uses EchoFree everywhere, 0.75 uses Kaboodle
everywhere.

        To initiate a VPN (okay okay...a secure, general-purpose
proxy connection), you need to have installed RegistrationFile
and some PartnershipFiles (one for each VPN partner). The
location of these directories is stored in the registry.

        So, I installed 0.72 and got the VPN piece working. Then
I shut down that version, and renamed its registry entry from
"EchoFree" to "Kaboodle". I then startup 0.75. It's VPN ability
*should* work now, shouldn't it? I mean, it's getting the same
info about the partnership files from the registry that 0.72
was getting.
        Still, when I double click on the Network Icon, click
on the Remote Networks, the list of partners is empty. Nuts.

        Any ideas? In "normal operation" these directories and
registry entries will be setup by the GetEngaged.exe binary.
But that's not working right now, so I'm looking to short circuit
that process to see how much of the VPN piece in 0.75 still
actually works.

        Thanks for any insight...

-Scott