Igor:
        Hello! Some good progress:

> I have fixed little GetEngaged.exe bug.
> The bug was following:
> - We try to register Kaboodle's registration or partnership file by
>   doudle click above file from _Windows Explorer_,
> - GetEngaged.exe say 'Unable to open file'.
> In fact, _Windows Explorer_ starts GetEngaged.exe with command line as
> "File path of registration file".
> This line contains first and last quote symbol " and GetEngaged.exe
> can't open file.
> Now GetEngaged.exe checks and removes above symbols.
>
> Now I can get to the point where Kaboodle says "Searching for
> Partnership file...".

        Did you check this update into the CVS server? I'm still
getting the "Partnership File Not Found" error. I can install them
fine, but I get that message when I hit "Connect" in the Network
PropertyPanel. I'll send you my compiled binary in a separate email,
and see if you see it too.

> But it does not make clear a problem.
> What I am see?
> - Kaboodle exchanges some files (EFP7804bb9a6e37f897320c6b3d119fc394.ecf),
> it's Kaboodle function void CGnuTransfer::OnReceive(int nErrorCode),
> - Kaboodle show message "Searching for Partnership file..." - for the
> PC who first push "Connect" button,
> it's Kaboodle functions BOOL CVPNManager::VpnConnectToRemoteNet() and
> CVPNManager::ProcessDownloadedFile(),
> - Kaboodle show message "Connecting to a.b.c.d..." - for the PC who
> second push "Connect" button,
> it's Kaboodle function BOOL CVPNManager::ProcessDownloadedFile().

        That sounds right...

> I was traced above source code. Tracing wasn't stable - Kaboodle is
> multi thread application.
> I saw calling some functions. I saw how code really works. But I don't
> understand how code had to work...

        Good question. :)
        What Kaboodle is trying to do when you hit "Connect" is
that it's trying to find your VPN partner. It does this with a
Gnutella client. The client connects to gnutella.getengaged.net,
and searches for something like "EFP7804bb9a6e37f897320c6b3d.ecf".
It gets that filename when you install the Partnership File. If
Kaboodle finds that file, then it's found its VPN partner. This is
why Kaboodle has a "built in" Gnutella client (Gnucleus, I think
it is) with a Kaboodle-specific initialization handshake (so
that our servers don't service *all* of the Gnutella-space, but
just service Kaboodle users).
        Once the file is discovered, Kaboodle knows the IP address
of its partner. It downloads that file from its partner, checks
the validity of the signatures within it, and then attempts to make
a VPN connection to that client on TCP port 4182. If one or both
of the machines are behind a firewall, the VPN connection will
not work if port 4182 is not opened and port-forwarded correctly.