Hello Igor,

Here is what I though about the addition of the VNCautodetection to
StartOSDetection function. I hope this will give you the idea of my concerns
regarding function execution paths.

  1.. if the VNC auto detection is *one time process(Empty registry)* then
that check should be added to the code as the StartOSDetection gets called
on the new device discovery only for the devices that hasn't gone through
the OS detection process.(Some registry checking code)
  2.. StartOSDetection may get called more than once if some machine joins
the LAN after kaboodle startup through Ethernet sniffer thread.
  3.. If it should execute on kaboodle *startup each time* then it should
be:
          If the registry has all the devices that have gone through the OS
detection then the OS detection skips those devices and hence the
nEntries may be zero in that case. In that case we do not need to update the
GUI and NID so the code should be
if (nEntries != 0 )

{

            TRACE ("\n------OS detection DISPLAY ");

PostEFMessage(m_nThreadID,m_dwControllerID,MSG_UPDATE_NETWORKPCS,Buffer.Leng
th(),Buffer.GetBuffer());

}

static bool bVncAutoDetect =  true;

if (bVncAutoDetect)

{

CMainFrame* pFrame = CMainFrame::GetMainFrame();

if (pFrame)

{

            pFrame->PostMessage(CMainFrame::m_nMsgBeginVncAutoDetection);

            bVncAutoDetect = false;

}

}

Regards,