Hello Scott,
There is a problem in implementing the NID synchronization. How I can find uniqueness
of the devices of type Group and services? (For other type of devices the machines
physical address is used to identify the device on the network and if the device is
already there in the NID we only update the properties of that device otherwise we add
the device to the NID.) Please suggest the remedy to the problem.

My suggestion: We can use the device name for groups and services and put the
restriction for the unique group name while adding the new group.

Regards,
Varsha