31 July 2002 Status report
--------------------------

Scott:

>I just checked with the most recent code. The bugs are
>still there. #1 has changed to an "Unrecognized response" rather
>than a "Socket Error", but still. Please test the canceling of
>file-transfers from both the Sender and Receiver.

It is all right when I try it. Are you sure you did your testing with both
Kaboodle machines up to date?
The message is: "Unexpected response. The party terminated file transfer".
That message box pops up when canceled from either side.
Do you want to skip "Unexpected response"? ( Is that expected :-) ? )
Really, Unexpected means the next packet came not with Data message as
is normally expected but with some other message. It also could be the
result of a error.

>Just so I'm sure: which processes are in each of the four
>threads (2 on sender, 2 on receiver) during a file-transfer? I've
>lost track. Is it documented in the code?

>It should query me for details, and if I answer yes, it
>should open the FT panel to the Status tab.

To be done latter on. (See below)

>I see your point. Regardless of the 15 seconds, though,
>in the specific case of FT popups: can we surpress the popups
>when Kaboodle is in the service tray?

I added one class: CautoMsgBox (see \common\efmsgbox.h for comments).
// The messagebox will close autimaticaly in the specified number of
seconds.
// Instead of AfxMessageBox("Your Message")
// use this syntax (15 seconds to live - default value):
// CAutoMsgBox::MessageBox("Your Message");

MessageBox is a static function. Besides, the message is not shown at all in
case the application is iconic.

I am using CAutoMsgBox::MessageBox from within my File Transfer in order
that the resulting messages be not accumulated. Anyone may also use them.
Just note that OK-like boxes are only supported by the CAutoMsgBox class.
(In other words you may not have say a Yes/No auto-closed message box).

>What I want is a common refresh for all bars every 3 seconds
>while the Status page is open. When a file transfer is done, whether
>by normal completion or by canceling I want the Complete message to
>go away on its own. So it for a normal transfer it looks like:
>
>   "Transferring" -> 3 sec -> "Completed" -> 3 sec -> clear
>
>Please note that the result ("Canceled" or "Completed")
>stays in the window for a least a whole cycle of the auto-refresh
>clock.

I see your point now. What you really need is an individual asynchronous
file bar closing. That is match like what I have done to the message box.
There is no need in common refreshing at all because the bars are refreshing
asynchronously and any additional synchronous (i.e. by the timer) refresh
violates the harmony. I may teach the file box to clear (remove from the
Status panel) in N seconds after its status has been changed to Completed or
Terminated. That will exactly

"Transferring" -> "Completed" -> N sec -> clear

though, w/o any violating refresh.

Contact Alexander or Paul to clarify the terms of the work.

-Oleg