Dalibor Topic wrote:

hi Guilhem,

I've just checked in a patch that fixed the remaining compilation problems for
me. It now builds fine for me, but the shutdown hook test still fails.
My patch changed the compile method of kaffe/tools/compiler/Compiler_kjc and
Compiler_pizza classes to return false only when an exception occurs. But I
don't think that kjc or pizza always throw an exception before they fail to
compile some code, so my implementation of compile() smells funny ;) On the
other hand, I don't think there is a way to get the exit codes of applications
ra within kaffe as their calls to Runtime.exit() should shutdown the whole
virtual machine.

The apperently simple, but slow & fat way out is to just use Runtime.exec to
start another instance of a JVM. What do you think?

I'll check in a patch that delegates running of kjc & pizza to another VM instance through Runtime.exec, since that seems to be the sane thing to do ;)

cheers,
dalibor topic

Hi dalibor !

Ok, have you tested the patch against KJC ? I am not sure they are active anymore (I tried to download from the CVS but I only get a timeout).
If you want I can provide you a new binary for KJC (based on KJC 2.1B).

Cheers,

Guilhem.