Ito Kazumitsu wrote:

The attached programs cause java.lang.IllegalAccessError,
which partly seemes to have something to do with KJC,
but class files compiled with Sun's javac also cause the
error.

Apparently KJC choses to protect the inner class (as usual). I've not really seen a specific restriction about access modifiers concerning inner classes in doc but the JDK's compiler put your sample class in public access (even though you explicitly specified it protected). The best guess I can make is to ignore the access modifier for inner classes in KJC. I'll prepare this for tomorrow.

Cheers,

Guilhem.

P.S.: BTW I plan to do some work for kaffe/classpath during this week (Classpath migration, mauve tests, ...)