Jim Pick wrote:

Hi Nicholas,

On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 09:41:38 -0500
Nicholas Wourms <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I just went to try the latest kaffe cvs, when I noticed a critical issue in the build process. What, may I ask, are those of us using Cygwin supposed to do now that there is a `#error' directive in our md.h? I assure you that sigcontext will *NOT* be implemented anytime soon (trying to emulate POSIX signals via Windows signals is extremely complicated). I'm also certain this will also affect other non-linux platforms which use newlib.

This was done by Guilhem Lavaux as part of the process of switching over
to the Classpath I/O libraries. I haven't visited the problem myself,
so I hope he can comment on the technical details.

It's not completely because of classpath's IO: I'm just using the multithread core of kaffe and haven't touched to the logic of signal handling. The real problem comes from interrupt in jthread.c: to be able to handle JVMPI you need the current "exception frame" through signal parameters. I don't even know if it can be turned around... Actually I had a look at Cygwin internals a few months ago and apparently they have the pointer we need in some place but they've decided not to put it in a parameter so we're blocked... I'll try to find another solution when I have some time (no prediction about that sorry).

Cheers,
Guilhem.