Hi James,

James Simmons wrote:
I finally toke a look at the new kaffe stuff. You added the gnu crypto code to the profile files but you didn;t add the java files to CVS. Could you added them or tell me where to get them?

sorry for taking so long to reply, so much merges to do, so little time ;)

I purged the gnu/crypto stuff alongside the org.metastatic classes from CVS according to a reccommendation from Casey Marshall, theJessie maintainer, to just provide the wrapper classes for javax.net and none of the implementation. I think I also removed all the references to gnu/crypto from the profile files. If I didn't, i.e. a CVS update -APd doesn't help, send me an e-mail with the names of the offending profile files, , and I'll get them updated.

The official way now to enable crypto support in kaffe is to build GNU crypto separately, and use --with.gnu-crypto on the configure line to point to the installation. After the merge with GNU classpath, I hope to have some time to play with kaffe-extras and update the build.xml there to fetch GNU crypto and Jessie from CVS and build them with the latest kaffe checkout from cvs as an ant task.

cheers,
dalibor topic