I'm having trouble with Jakarta's XMLRPC lib on kaffe 1.1.3, which I got from Debian:

Engine: Just-in-time v3 Version: 1.1.3 Java Version: 1.1

I extracted the guts of the XmlRpcClient into a little test app to see if I got the same odd behavior, and I did.

When I run this app, what I get on the other end is a POST request that looks correct except for one little detail: the content-length is zero! Any idea why that might be happening? This works fine on a Sun JVM.

BTW the url is made-up. The server I'm poking at is behind my firewall.

Also, thanks for help with my previous question about https.

-----

import java.io.InputStream;
import java.io.OutputStream;
import java.net.URL;
import java.net.URLConnection;

public class PostTest
{
    {
        byte[] request = "stinkoman".getBytes();
        URL url = new URL("http://www.foo.com/xmlrpc/";);
        URLConnection con = url.openConnection();
        con.setDoInput(true);
        con.setDoOutput(true);
        con.setUseCaches(false);
        con.setAllowUserInteraction(false);
        con.setRequestProperty(
                "Content-Length",
                Integer.toString(request.length));
        con.setRequestProperty("Content-Type", "text/xml");

        OutputStream out = con.getOutputStream();
        out.write(request, 0, request.length);
        out.flush();
        out.close();
        InputStream in = con.getInputStream();