Salut Arnaud,

Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
Hi all,

Here is a list of url where you can find the logs of the Debian
buildd. It seems kaffe 1.1.4 only build on x86 and powerpc at the
moment. Maybe these logs will help you to debug and improve.

They look very useful to me, thanks a lot for posting them. I hope to fix most of the warnings this week. Would it be possible to create an experimental kaffe package and run it through buildd afterwards?

I'd like to know if you have plan for the ports? If it's gonna be
resolved soon, I don't do anything. If not, I can ask to remove kaffe on
these architectures at the moment.

My plan is to fix the warnings pointed out by the compiler, and then attempt to debug the failures, given access to the platforms.

Do you think 1.1.5 or 1.1.6 will be able to build on these arch?

Hopefully yes. Depending on jikes for the build would be a workaround. Doing what SableVM does, and splitting off the class-library as architecture independant would be another workaround, if we don't get it to work for 1.1.5/1.1.6. Though it'd feel a little bit like cheating, since building kaffe's class library with itself is a good stress test, as Riccardo's build logs show.

cheers,
dalibor topic