Minh Nguyen wrote:

Hi Guilhem, Here is the output from gdb. If you need more
information, I can try again.

(gdb) run at.dms.kjc.Main @essential.files
Starting program:
/home/mnguyen/kaffe1.1.4/kaffe/kaffe/.libs/lt-kaffe-bin
at.dm s.kjc.Main @essential.files

callMethodA (meth=0x9c8f758, func=0x9c90f0c, obj=0x0,
args=0x0,
   ret=0xbfe74b68, promoted=1) at
sysdepCallMethod.h:41
41          ((void (*)(void))(call->function))();

Could you show the backtrace ? (this is the "where" or "bt" command) I remember having seen that problem before but I don't remember when and where.

Thanks,

Guilhem.

Fedora Linux

Minh Nguyen wrote:

Hi , I used your snap shot but still have no luck

(see

below). Any idea?

Hi Minh,

I have not the slighliest idea of what's happening
there. :( On my fresh FC2 install kaffe is running smoothly though. Could
you try to check with gdb where the problem is lying ? I can help you
debug it.

For example, if the build directory is represented
by $build:

cd libraries/javalib;
source $build/BUILD_ENVIRONMENT;
export

BOOTCLASSPATH=$BOOTCLASSPATH:Klasses.jar.bootstrap:kjc.jar

gdb $build/kaffe/kaffe/.libs/lt-kaffe-bin

then: run at.dms.kjc.Main @essential.files

gdb should indicate at which point the SEGV occurs.
Type where and send me what it is saying.

Thanks for taking the time to try !

Best regards,

Guilhem.

../../../libraries/javalib/rebuildLib: line 60:

30612

Segmentation fault $JAVAC $VERBOSE

$JAVAC_FLAGS

-d $LIBDIR $CPATH ${1+"$@"}
gmake[3]: *** [lib/stamp] Error 139
gmake[3]: Leaving directory

`/home/mnguyen/kaffe-1.1.x-cvs/tools/gjdoc/javalib'

gmake[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/mnguyen/kaffe-1.1.x-cvs/tools/gjdoc'
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/mnguyen/kaffe-1.1.x-cvs/tools'
gmake: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

--- Guilhem Lavaux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Minh Nguyen wrote:

How is CVS related to this? I've downloaded the
development release directly from kaffe.org, not

using

CVS at all.

Minh

I was talking about kaffe's cvs and not about CVS
itself. Though you may not be able to use it. So I am putting a snapshot

of

it on

http://www.kaffe.org/~guilhem/kaffe-1.1.x-cvs.tar.gz

and waiting for either kaffe-1.1.5 or kaffe-1.1.6

come ... :)

Regards,

Guilhem.

--- Guilhem Lavaux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Minh Nguyen wrote:

Hi, I am trying to build development release

1.1.4

of

kaffe under Fedora Linux (kernel 2.4.22).

Everything

compiles fine but I got a segmentation fault at

the in

the "test" directory (see below). Does anyone

know

what  is going on?

Thanks,

Minh

Hi Minh,

I suggest you try the latest CVS for this. It is
known that fedora has strengthen the security which causes the heap

memory

to be protected against execution (in particularly). This is has
been fixed in the CVS.

Best regards,

Guilhem.