Dalibor Topic wrote:

Hi,

Hi Dalibor,

I've merged in the Swing/AWT code from GNU Classpath (before the last resync they had with gcj java-gui brach, so expect another tiny (600k) patch soon ;), as it works for me (TM) and I didn't feel it would do the merged code any good to sit on my hard disk [1] :)

Good job ! :)

So, chances are that some things may broken in the process. Please report those bugs, so that they can get fixed.

The major changes are:

* configure now tries to build all three awts by default. Xlib, Qt(e) and classpath's gtk awt. Classpath's GTK awt is the default, but you can switch kaffe to use another one by simply using an -X* option.

I will update m4/gwqt.m4 to use AC_PATH_PROG instead of AC_CHECK_PROG so autoconf can find the right moc/uic in a modified path (which will include $QTDIR/bin).

* since classpath's awt need pthreads, pthreads are now the default threading system. That's going to be fun on non-linux systems, I assume.

*bug queue full please submit later* ;)

* build with kjc is broken, again. Our KJC chokes on swing code trying to extend a protected inner class in a different package. While the JLS is really annoyingly ambigous in the respective section, it seems to be an allowed thing to do.

Hmm, actually it seems there is again a problem in the initializing process. JLayeredPane has the 'join' pass after JDesktopPane and so the superClass field is not set and kjc cannot check the inheritancy tree. I can only suggest to extract the initialization of the superClass field from the rest of the pass. It seems to be quite straightforward all the time... A temporary fix for the problem would be to swap the JLayeredPane and JDesktopPane in the list.

Cheers,

Guilhem Lavaux.