çæ wrote:
Hi, everyone. I configured using the following command:

Hi Cheng,

thank you for your bug report.

KAFFEH=/home/chengming/w/kaffe-1.1.4/kaffeh CC=mipsel-linux-gcc
CXX=mipsel-linux-g++ CXXCPP=mipsel-linux-cpp CFLAGS="-O2 -msoft-float
-fno-gcse -mips2 -Wa,-mfixhua7,-mno-lwl" ./configure

Your CFLAGS look very weird to me. I've tried passing them to my mipsel-linux cross-compiler but it didn't like the -mfixhua7 option at all.

/var/tmp/crosstool/mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu/gcc-3.4.0-glibc-2.3.2/lib/gcc/mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu/3.4.0/../../../../mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/as: unrecognized option `-mfixhua7'. Could you elaborate on your CFLAGS setting, i.e. why you made the choices and what they are supposed to do?

and the result seems ok. Then I make, the following error shows on the
screen

Any suggestions? thanks very much!

The error message says that the assembler code does not meet the constraints. The gcc manual has a through, though somewhat terse, description of the gcc assembler language. You could use that to verify if the constraints specified in the assembler code in question are actually violated in practice.

Are you, by chance, trying to build kaffe for PS2Linux? You may want to look into d0 and d2, as they are used as doubles, and add casts where appropriate. Or you could try using libffi.

cheers,
dalibor topic

p.s. No html mails please.