Timothy Stack wrote:
moved handling of thread interruption to jthread layer,

So, I haven't been paying close attention...  But, didn't interruption
used to be in the jthread layer, and then someone moved it up to the java
layer.  Why move it back down?

Hmmm... I guess it is cleanest and safer if the interruption procedure is totally handled by the thread subsystem. Previously I had to move some parts of the interrupt procedure in the java code as pthread_lock, pthread_conds are not guaranteed to be interrupted by a signal (what about other syscalls ? I think I've turned the problem around in jthreaded syscalls too...). But I had to modify the suspend procedure too in jthread_suspendall and introduce some way to catch pthread_mutex_lock and signal_wait so maybe it is time to put it back in the thread layer.

Regards,

Guilhem.