Ito Kazumitsu wrote:
Hi,

In message "Re: [kaffe] Bug report: java.text.SimpleDateFormat#parse"
    on 05/01/27, Dalibor Topic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Thanks Ito, I've applied your patch, as Andrew applied it to Classpath. The regression test still fails for me, unfortunately.

And it can be explained as follows:

Konnichiwa Ito,

Thanks a lot for your kind explanation!

I should have added

  calendar.set (Calendar.DST_OFFSET, 0);

to the part where "GMT+xx:yy" is being parsed, not only just swapping
Calendar.DST_OFFSET and Calendar.ZONE_OFFSET.

And even more thanks for your patch fixing the problem :) I've merged it in from GNU Classpath, and now all tests pass again for me.

By the way,

Dates don't match? Thu Oct 28 06:00:27 America/Los_Angeles 2004 != Thu Oct 28
05:00:27 America/Los_Angeles 2004

why "America/Los_Angeles" appears instead of "PDT" is explained in
    http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2005-January/101286.html
    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/classpath/2005-01/msg00200.html

I've added a bug report for that to GNU Classpath bug database, so that it doesn't fall to the floor.

cheers,
dalibor topic