Wolfgang Baer wrote:
Ito Kazumitsu wrote:

From: Wolfgang Baer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [kaffe] File order bug - Testcase
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 09:31:57 +0200

yes the API does not specify an order. However, as the unit testcases
of logkit show, some programs depend on the SUN behaviour.

This is why I found this "bug" and I think kaffe should follow what Sun
does (and the other gnu classpath vms).

OK, how about this?

--- libraries/clib/io/File.c.orig       Sun Dec 26 14:52:34 2004
+++ libraries/clib/io/File.c    Wed Aug 10 17:40:36 2005

[...]

Tested on Debian/unstable x86 - works fine and solves the "ordering bug"
Also the testcase of logkit passes now on kaffe.

Thanks, Wolfgang & Ito. When Ito checks his patch in, I'll prepare a new tarball for debian experimental. I've received a few more warning fixes from Andreas, and want to look into the alpha kaffeh issue exposed by the experimental buildd.

cheers,
dalibor topic