Hi Wolfgang,

Wolfgang Baer wrote:
Hi Guilhem,

Kaffe CVS wrote:

PatchSet 6980 Date: 2005/12/03 12:54:16
Author: guilhem
Branch: HEAD
Tag: (none) Log:
Fix to be able to use ECJ instead of JIKES.

    * configure.ac: Added a new option "--with-ecj" to be able
    to compile with ecj. Reworked the java compiler detection.

This makes compilation with ecj easier for packagers - thanks.

I just tried it, the normal kaffe compilation succeeds. However the
testsuite still doesn't compile with ecj so we don't get testresults.
Attached the testresult part of the build log.

The other big problem from the distribution point of view (we want to
switch away from jikes) is the already mentioned problem that you
cannot use ecj to compile java sources with kaffe currently.

Yes. It is an issue I am going to solve soon (today or tomorrow). It's a problem of compatibility vs jdk's files and directories. I have to change some defaults and see if it improves this.

Concerning the other problem with regression tests it is partly ecj's fault. It doesn't accept classpaths beginning with ':', though it may accept them inside the classpath. I mean:

* CLASSPATH=:somejar:somedirectory is illegal for ecj
* CLASSPATH=somejar::somedirectory is legal for ecj

I will see if I can circumvent this bug.

Regards,

Guilhem.