Kiyo Inaba wrote:
For the latest snap (051208), I got two problems with jikes.

1) '--with-jikes' option of configure script got slightly different
  semantic. Until recently, the option can get parameter for the path
  of jikes, but this snap did not pass parameter for this option to
  sub configure. This makes detection of jikes fail in configuring
  classpath.

  Do we change not to allow specifying path for jikes from now on, or is
  it just a bug?

It was a bug. Thanks for reporting it, Kiyo, I've checked in a fix now.

2) With older version of jikes (1.19) the option 'no-shadow' is not a
   valid option, and invocation of jikes failed with this SNAP. I hand
   edit Makefiles (and TestScript) and got proper result.

   Checking the version of jikes while configure and set proper
   pedantic warning corresponding to the version of jikes should be
   very appreciated.

OK. I've seen that GNU Classpath checks for jikes version already, so I can probably model a check off that code. I'll build me a jikes 1.19 and play around with it until I have it working.

cheers,
dalibor topic