Hi,

Dalibor Topic wrote:
Hi team,

I've tagged and uploaded a release candidate for 1.1.7. The tarball
is available at
  http://www.kaffe.org/~robilad/kaffe-1.1.7-rc1.tar.gz

Debian package is ready for upload (builds now with the configure
patch of my previously mail).

Please give it a try on the platforms you're intertested in,
and report back how well it works, or doesn't for you.

Linux ursus 2.6.14 #1 PREEMPT Tue Nov 1 12:05:33 CET 2005 i686 GNU/Linux

SecurityMan2 fails on both jthreads/pthreads with the message below:

$ cat build/pthreads/test/regression/SecurityMan2.fail
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/security/Permission
   at SecurityMan2$MySM.checkPermission (SecurityMan2.java:17)
   at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkCreateClassLoader
(SecurityManager.java:394)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.<init> (ClassLoader.java:276)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.<init> (ClassLoader.java:254)
   at java.security.SecureClassLoader.<init> (SecureClassLoader.java:61)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.<init> (URLClassLoader.java:605)
   at SecurityMan2.main (SecurityMan2.java:29)

As this test was just recently committed by Guilhem I cannot say
if it worked at some time :-)

There have been numerous changes at the build system, caused by
the much improved integration with GNU Classpath, and further
merging in of tools from gcc. I'd expect something to blow up
somewhere, and I hope we'll be able to fix any build problems
that may occurr.

No problems found except the ecj configuration problem with classpath
which should be fixed "upstream".

I've still got the debian bugs reported by Wolfgang to check out,
and I hope we'll get some of them squished before the release. I'd

Fine, if you need help or futher information contact me :-)

Wolfgang