hello all,

In 1.1.4 I was able to reduce rt.jar to 1.5M, but with 1.1.6 I'm only able to reduce to 6M (so far). I'm finding that there are probably too many cross package dependencies on crypto, swing, awt, for instance, so I'm unable to easily remove those all those packages that I'm not using (and yes I used all the configure switches to disable awt, sound, etc) without getting runtime errors.

Any hints on how to easily reduce rt.jar would be appreciated. It would help if "--with-awt=no" would actually not include any awt and swing packages in rt.jar. I don't need (and I'm guess most embedded platforms) graphics, sound, xml, rmi, applet, corba (and security for now). A single switch for a minimal rt.jar would be nice.

thanks,
dgreene