On 11-Sep-06, at 11:06 AM, Dalibor Topic wrote:

Patrick McNeil wrote:

thanks for the code, I'll give it a shot later.

It never makes it out of the C function JNI_OnLoad, and either aborts (explicitly), of seg faults before it gets to the abort call in the findClass failure path. The exception is nullpointerexception if i get a chance to read it. I've been working with gdb embedded on the arm to try and resolve the issues but I'm just not very familiar with the kaffe sources.

Ugh. that does not sound that good, indeed.

On a side note - where can I put my .jar that contains the libraries needed by JNI in C to get them to load properly? I've had to place phidgets.jar in the same directory as rt.jar just to get kaffe to see it from C. Adding it to the CLASSPATH doean't seem to work (on ARM or the debian PC).

Kaffe uses libtool's ltdl's dlopen to load native libraries, so in theory anything on LD_LIBRARY_PATH should work.

Just to clarify - Kaffe finds and loads the native library without troubles, but the C library has trouble finding my custom Java classes, which are located in phidgets.jar, unless I put phidgets.jar in the same place as rt.jar - I would have expected that adding phidgets.jar to CLASSPATH would make this jar file (the classes that it contains) visible to the C library (findClass).

Thanks
-Patrick

cheers,
dalibor topic