Sivaramakrishnan KC wrote:
How do i test sysdepCallMethod(). I found this file

http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2003-May/129976.html

I am testing sysdepCallMethod under i386-linux. It passes the first
test --> CALL(f_v_v, v, 0);. But all other test generates segmentation
fault.

I'd prefer to switch Kaffe over to depend on libffi [0]. We already have support for libffi in the code that's enabled with the --with-libffi option of the configure script.

The main reason I'd like to switch to libffi for the next release is that it can be collaboratively maintained with other projects using it, so I'd suggest adapting it for your port (and sending patches to libffi developers :). It comes with an extensive test suite, too (and requires dejagnu
for running the test suite).

cheers,
dalibor topic

[0] http://sources.redhat.com/libffi/