Stefan Hellkvist wrote:
| My name is Stefan and I'm trying to get kaffe 1.0.5 working on a
| Netwinder (ARM-linux). I'm using the debian disk image (small
| image with kernel 2.2.10). I built Kaffe without the JIT and it built ok but
| when I run a simple Hello world program it crashes in the startup
| process like this:

There are many versions of the ARM processor out there.  Early versions of
the ARM did not support byte and 16-bit load/store instructions, so C
char/short were 32-bit aligned on those versions.  Java's byte and short
are likewise aligned.

Later versions of the ARM (such as the Netwinder's StrongARM) have byte
load/store instructions so they don't have these restrictions.

With this in mind, determine which structure padding convention is in use
by your system and investigate from there.