Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Kafka 0.7.1-incubating (Candidate 2)
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 21:34:41 -0400
From: Joe Stein <crypt...@gmail.com>
To: gene...@incubator.apache.org
CC: kafka-dev@incubator.apache.org

I uploaded a md5 checksum
http://people.apache.org/~joestein/kafka-0.7.1-incubating-candidate-2/ to
go along with the detached signature that was generated already

starting the kafka server is in the quick start
http://incubator.apache.org/kafka/quickstart.html

looking at Cassandra and Hadoop source distributions both have jars in them
too, so not sure the issue you are raising others might have a better
understanding or I am missing something you are trying to point out

I would like to keep the RC2 voting open for another few days to see if
this release passes (as folks have not had time to review) or we can get to
what issues we need to have resolved that can be done for RC3 for a new
vote either with objective to getting 0.7.1 released.

current votes:

+1 [1] +0 [0] -1 [0] from the PPMC

and

+1 [0] +0 [0] -1 [0] from the IPMC

please let me know if there is something different we want or should have
been doing here or that I can be or should be doing differently.

thanks!