On 04/18/2015 03:54 PM, Andrew Shadura wrote:
Hello everyone,

During the last few days I've been trying to develop a patch to implement
email notifications about incoming commits.

The final version of the patch working locally is here, but:

  i) it's hardcoded for one email address, i.e. it doesn't have any settings/UI
  ii) when I tried to use in on Our Own Kallithea, it broke the whole instance,
      presumably in the config initialisation code.

Anyway, I decided to post it here so you comment and maybe fix it :)

That seems complex. It is impressive you (almost) made it work. But it also seems to suggest that it not is the best approach.

How about some other approaches:

* letting the hook collect all the info seems unfortunate; pass enough parameters when configuring the hook for the vcs and let the hook be more self contained * doing it in the same process seems unfortunate; implement a paster command that the hook can call * not having this info available in the environment for vcs commands seems wrong; reorder the wsgi middleware so it also gets defined for vcs operations

All the options seems to have disadvantages ... but one of them might be better ...

/Mads