On 18/12/2022 10:48, toras wrote:

> Lots of things happening in that patch. Can you explain in more details what is changed and why ... and perhaps do it in several > simpler changesets?
The second is to modify the log output.
Sorry for the confusion, the change to the f string was just for my own viewing pleasure, not related to the issue.

Ok. But I will just start out by making this piece of code use lazy %s expansion for logging like we do in all other places.

The entities enumerated by recursive_groups_and_repos() to update the full path of the child elements are processed with log output, but the starting repository group has already had its entities updated before the loop. So, for example, updating the name from 'GroupA' to 'GroupB' will result in the following log output
(Only the origin entity. Child elements are correct logs.)

  [kallithea.model.repo_group] Fixing group GroupB to new name GroupB

The following logs should be correct.

  [kallithea.model.repo_group] Fixing group GroupA to new name GroupB

For the purpose of logging the name before the change, the patch outputs the log before updating the entity and skips the originating entity in a loop process.

Right - thanks for clarifying. I applied fix doing just that, but also made sure we don't do excessive logging when parameters specified without changing.

Thanks for the contribution.

/Mads