Thanks JB,

The main point I want to make is that what I put together was to
demonstrate the capabilities of Vaadin based on a minimal (2-3 hr) effort.
It is not intended to recommend a particular approach to the console UI.

I attempted similar console prototypes using the other frameworks during my
assessment, with varying degrees of success.

A Vaadin app could be made to look and behave exactly like the current
console if that was what the user base really wanted, although more work
would be involved to make Vaadin mimic the echo functionality.

I suggest we will settle on a UI somewhere between the current console and
the fancy Flash-like interface Vaadin is capable of.  I just didn't want to
spend a lot of time on that aspect until we're agreed on the way forward.

Talk soon - Randall