I'm running on Vista, so again maybe this is a windows specific
problem.  I have two different application codes that work
similarly.   One is a server that rotates through a range of ports.
It creates a UDP Peer on a port, waits for data, and after a time
sends a shutdownMicroprocess and rotates to the next port.

The problem is that my software firewall shows these local ports are
never relinquished.  In in fact, if I wait long enough the rotate
algorithm goes through 1000 ports and starts back over.  When that
happens I get an exception that the requested port is already bound.
In the server code I used UDP_ng.TargettedPeer, but I think it's a
problem in the basic peer code.

The second program is a client side version.  It does the same thing
except it binds to a port, sends data, waits for a response, rotates,
etc.  The result is the same thing.  The ports are never
relniquished.  In the client side code I used UDP_ng.SimplePeer, but
again I think it's in the base code.

At one point I added an extra ._isStopped() check (it wasn't stopped)
and then called the .stop() method.  This indeed stopped the
microprocess but still left the port bound.

Any ideas?  Could this be related to the TCP ignored connection bug
that I was describing in another thread?

Thanks,
Steve