Hi,

I just want to assess the damage of changing the signature of
Kamaelia.Device.DVB.Core.DVB_Multiplex.

Specifically, it would be useful to change this:
    def __init__(self, freq, pids, feparams={},card=0):

Such that frequency can embedded inside feparams, and such that
frequency is actually in Hz not MHz.

I can think of some relatively nasty ways of doing this, without
changing the signature, but changing it is cleaner.

This is to simplify dealing with channel.conf lines like this:

CBeebies:
801833000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_1_2:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_32:HIERARCHY_NONE:
401:402:4672

... which use frequency as an absolute number rather than a float
representing MHz.

This would probably cause breakage to code that uses this component -
in that the way feparams etc is put together would change, so if this
would cause pain for anyone I'm happy to just do this instead:

   @classmethod
   def from_feparams( new args )

However, before I choose I'd be interested to hear whom this may cause
breakage for.

Regards,

Michael.