Hi Michael,
In the fourth example you sent, I am getting a key error here:

# Similarly, we also need to notify the filter/processor components that
# we've ceased sending them any data. This idiom of reusing an outbox is
# a convenience that tidies up code.
        for c in self.childComponents():
            L = self.link( (self, "_cs"), (c, "control"))
            self.send( Axon.Ipc.producerFinished(), "_cs")
            self.unlink(thelinkage=L)

self.link fails, claiming that "_cs" is not defined. Should the box name be "signal" instead?

Thank you,
Gloria