---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Amgad Baligh <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 10:39 PM
Subject: [Nidal_IslamicFinance:588] Islamic Finance and ongoing debates in
Egypt
To: [email protected]


 *Dear Group Members*

* *

*First of all, I would like to introduce myself to group member, my name is
Amgad Baligh, I am currently working in a conventional bank in Egypt as a
manager in credit department. *

* *

*With the everlasting debates going on here in Egypt regarding whether
Interest is considered Riba or not? and with the ongoing debates about
Islamic Banking which claim that Islamic modes of finance are merely the
same as conventional modes of finance, however with different names and
documentation which implies different risks. Recently, our Mufti declared
that Egyptian Banks operations are fully complaint with Islamic Principles
and Shariah and what is so called interest in not Riba. *

* *

*Given  my concerns regarding the credibility of official Iftaa in Egypt, I
have decided to do my own due diligence and work to answer the following
questions,  what is Riba? Is interest considered Riba?  How Islamic Modes of
finance Islamic modes works in reality? And how it differs from conventional
modes of finance? Given that I am not entitled to Iftaa, I decided to
thoroughly investigate the matter through available Islamic Economic/Banking
literature and come to final conclusion based on what the majority of
scholars says and of course on what make my heart (and of course my mind)
 feel comfortable with. *

* *

*I know that this is may seem trivial for group members; however I am asking
the experts in the field on what should be my starting point. I've made some
researches through the internet however your assistance will be highly
appreciated.*

* *

*Thank You*

* *

*Amgad Alaa El Deen Baligh*

*
*

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Kantakji Group" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group لفك الاشتراك من المجموعة أرسل للعنوان التالي 
رسالة فارغة, send email to [email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/kantakjigroup?hl=en
سياسة النشر في المجموعة:
- ترك ما عارض أهل السنة والجماعة.
- الاكتفاء بأمور ذات علاقة بالاقتصاد الإسلامي وعلومه ولو بالشيء البسيط. ويستثنى 
من هذا مايتعلق بالشأن 
العام على مستوى الأمة كحدث غزة مثلا.
- عدم ذكر ما يتعلق بشخص طبيعي أو اعتباري بعينه. باستثناء الأمر العام الذي يهم 
عامة المسلمين.
-  تمرير بعض الأشياء الخفيفة المسلية ضمن قواعد الأدب وخاصة منها التي تأتي من 
أعضاء لا يشاركون عادة، والقصد من ذلك تشجيعهم على التفاعل الإيجابي.
- ترك المديح الشخصي.

رد على