On Thursday 06 December 2001 12:25 pm, Alan Cox wrote:
> > So has anyone had time to test the Python version 1.5 based CML2 that
> > was posted?  Would that make it more acceptable?
>
> For 2.5 its a great leap forward. For 2.4 its irrelevant. Its simply not
> the way stable kernel trees are run, even for people who think they are
> above the rules and traditions

Ooh, I can't resist...

"You mean like Linus?"

(Ducks, runs, looks innocent, runs some more...)

Rob

P.S.  Can we seperate "add new subsystem y prime" and "remove old subsystem
y".  LIke the new and old SCSI error handling, which have been in the tree in
parallel for some time?  Did I hear Eric ever suggest removing the old
configurator for 2.4?  Anybody?