Giacomo A. Catenazzi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> 1) From CML2 rules I derive all symbols that depends on some rules.
>    The new tables are included in autoconfigure.sh
>    This can be done in Makefile, so the symbols are always updated,
>    and the autoconfigure is still simple shell, so it can be run
>    to the TARGET machine.
>    (easy ? python script).

Yes, pretty easy.  Or you could just hack autoconfigure.sh itself into
Python and access the rulebase pickle directly.

> 2) I give CML2 some rules, and set the symbols (not already set)
>    according to these rules.
>    (complex hack in CML2 ?)

Yes, quite complex.  The problem is that adding new rules is something
you have to invoke the compiler for, and it would involve mutating the
rulebase pickle.  I don't want to go that route.
--

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and
hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series