Eric Raymond commented about the patch I submitted to xconfig, so I'd like to
explain myself.

I didn't fix xconfig; Olaf Dietsche did.  I tested the patch and sent it
to Linus in accordance with my duties as maintainer.  After a week or two,
I'll send it again, mark it "try #2", and send copies to kbuild-devel
(again) and lkml.  And then try #3, and so on.

One of these things is going to happen:

. Linus will accept my CML1 patches.
. Linus will reject my CML1 patches with a reason.
. Linus will tell me that he doesn't want to see CML1 patches from me,
  which immediately raises the question of who *can* submit CML1 patches
  to him and get them considered.
. Linus will keep blackholing patches from me.  Then everybody in lkml is
  going to see Linus blackholing patches from an official maintainer.
. Linus will do to CML1 what he did with Configure.help, and then he won't
  have to deal with the CML1 maintainer any more.  That would mean he would
  need some kind of CML system from somewhere.
. Something else that I haven't even thought of.  ???

I am aware that I am oscillating between "find a market alternative
to Linus" and "work with Linus".  In order to get to the point of
looking for an alternative to Linus, I have to make one more sincere
attempt to work with Linus.

And to be fair, right now Linus is blowing everybody off because he's
studying up on Bitkeeper.

Michael Elizabeth Chastain
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
"love without fear"