On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Peter Samuelson wrote:

> CONFIG_PROC_FS is needed by ISDN hysdn.  That's actually in my opinion
> more of a "general kernel facility" than a filesystem.  Eh?

Well, the use in hysdn can (and should) die, possibly by adding an
#ifndef CONFIG_PROC_FS
#error This driver won't work without procfs
#endif
until fixed properly.

> Then again it could be said that requiring CONFIG_PROC_FS is actually
> a design bug in hysdn - does the driver *really* need CONFIG_PROC_FS?
> Everything else in the kernel seems to cope without it.  Granted,
> non-/proc kernels are not widely tested....  Kai?

I don't know, I suspect it needs it for something like firmware loading or
so. But since that's obviously an abuse of /proc, it's okay to have it
break IMO.

> CONFIG_ISDN_CAPI - interestingly, CONFIG_HYSDN_CAPI, which is under
> the menu "Old ISDN4Linux (obsolete)" seems to require CAPI 2.0.  I
> suppose the CAPI stuff should come first in drivers/isdn/Config.in.
> Kai?

Yes. I'll look into that and fix it properly - I think just exchanging
probably gives the same kind of problem for CONFIG_ISDN ;(

--Kai