On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 02:58:41AM +0100, Roman Zippel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Tom Rini wrote:
>
> > How would I do this with the new syntax, other than:
> > config FTR_A
> >    bool
> >    depends on BOARD_A || BOARD_B
> >    default y
> >
> > The desire is to be able to add in support for a new platform, without
> > having to rely on much context to patch (or, have a file be
> > automagically included.
>
> You can do this:
>
> config FTR_A
>       bool
>       default y if BOARD_A

> config FTR_A
>       bool
>       default y if BOARD_B
>
> lkc takes the first default where the dependency is different from 'n',
> so the result is basically the same as "BOARD_A || BOARD_B".
> BTW the type definition is also only needed once (it only must be the
> same everywhere).
> Does that would you need?

I think that will do.  So I can do something like:
config BOARD_A
      bool "Board A"
      help

config BOARD_B
      bool "Board B"
      help

config FTR_A
      bool
      default y if BOARD_A

config FTR_B
      bool
      default y if BOARD_A

config FTR_A
      default y if BOARD_B

?

Now, can that be done any smaller? (one line, after it's defined once)

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/