Greetings,

I wanted to know if someone has been successful in applying the Kbuild
2.5 patches to Linux 2.4 kernels. I'm working  with linux kernel
2.4.18-3 and after applying the kbuild 2.5 patches, 'make xconfig'
passes but the final 'make' fails as follows:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] linux-2.4.18-3]$ make -f
Makefile-2.5
Using ARCH='i386' AS='as' LD='ld' CC='/usr/bin/gcc' CPP='/usr/bin/gcc
-E' AR='ar' HOSTAS='as' HOSTLD='gcc' HOSTCC='gcc' HOSTAR='ar'
Generating global Makefile
  phase 1 (find all inputs)
  phase 2 (convert all Makefile.in files)
  phase 3 (evaluate selections)
  phase 4 (integrity checks, write global makefile)
pp_makefile4: Cannot find source for target fs/inflate_fs/inflate_syms.o
pp_makefile4: Cannot find source for target fs/inflate_fs/adler32.o
pp_makefile4: Cannot find source for target fs/inflate_fs/infblock.o
pp_makefile4: Cannot find source for target fs/inflate_fs/infcodes.o
pp_makefile4: Cannot find source for target fs/inflate_fs/inffast.o
pp_makefile4: Cannot find source for target fs/inflate_fs/inflate.o
pp_makefile4: Cannot find source for target fs/inflate_fs/inftrees.o
[ and much more ]

So before I start digging in, I thought I'd ask around to see if someone
has been successful in this. Most references that I find to kbuild 2.5
is with 2.5 kernels and therefore I'm thinking that maybe it just won't
work with 2.4 kernels. Any leads?

Thanks,
-aamir