Sam Ravnborg wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 10:49:48PM +0200, Oleg Verych wrote:
>> Now, Sam, see how people are trying to escape from the noise of the
>> LKML. Yet you are not CC patches and anything here, e.g. .23 updates :(
>
> I prefer to have kbuild stuff in the public aka lkml.
> I should reflect this in MAINTAINERS too.
>
> I agree that there is much less noise here at kbuild-devel mainly
> due to the excellent job of mec that filter away all spam.
> But then many kbuild matters have impact on a lot of people so
> lkml is the better place.
>
> As for the kbuild patches I have not tried to tell
> git send-emals that there are two receivers - maybe
> that would work....

I think it's entirely appropriate to factor off kbuild onto a separate
list, as long as the announcement to do so is public enough and the list
is available to the public.  A lot of subsystems have separate mailing
lists, because the volume on LKML is so high that people miss important
stuff all the time.

Of course, major announcements should go to LKML.

        -hpa